What Personal Data do we collect?
DK-SCHWEIZER LEATHER SDN BHD (“DKSL”) respects your right to privacy, and we keep your Personal Data secure and we will only use your personal information in the manner in which you want us to.
“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify you or from which you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone, number, bank and credit card details, e-mail address, your image, identity card number, driver license ID, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information.
What do we use your Personal Data for?
Any of the Personal Data we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to deliver the Products that you have purchased from DKSL
- to update you on the delivery of the products and for customer purposes
- to provide you with relevant Products information;
- to process your orders and provide you with the services and information offered through the Site;
- to administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from our website;
- identify visitors on our website;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics or consuming habits and spending;
- to improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to improve customer service: your Personal Data helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- to process transactions swiftly and securely;
- to perform internal operations to provide our services such as troubleshooting software bugs & operational problems, monitoring and analysing activity trends;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; and/or
- your Personal Data will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of the sale and delivery of the products on the Site.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data in the following manner: –
a) When you provide your Personal Data to us, we collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us such as below:-
- when you create a DKSL account;
- when you fill up a user profile or registration form;
- when you interact with our social media pages;
- when you participate in contests or events organised by us;
- when you fill up demographic information in surveys.
b) Your Personal Data may be collected when you are using our services such as below:
- feedback, ratings and compliments;
- transaction information; and/or
- information about your experience using our products and services.
c) When you provide a third party’s Personal Data
In some situations, you may provide a third party’s Personal Data (such as your spouse, family members or friends) to us. If you provide us with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used, processed and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
Personal Data of minors
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from any individual under the age of 18 years old. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to us. In the event that any Personal Data of a minor is disclosed to DKSL, your hereby signify your consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data as a parent or legal guardian of the minor and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters and do not share your DKSL password with anyone. If your password is leaked to a third party, you may lose control over your information and other data submitted to us and you could also be subject to legally binding actions taken from your account. As such, if your password has been compromised, you should immediately change the password.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit the Site, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address;
- Browser type;
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site;
- The pages you visit within the Site;
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the products and services we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Updating Your Personal Data
It is important that the Personal Data that you provide to us is accurate and complete for you to continue using our services. You are responsible for informing us of any changes to your Personal Data or in the event you believe that the Personal Data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
You can update your Personal Data anytime by accessing your account. If you are unable to update your Personal Data through your account, you can do so by contacting our data protection department.
Do we disclose any Personal Data to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your Personal Data. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, providing the delivery services or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this Personal Data confidential. We may also release your Personal Data when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies for the prevention or detection of a crime, protect public interest or protect ours or other rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Disclosure of Personal Data
The Personal Data which you have provided to us will generally be kept confidential, but your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following categories of :-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a government agency;
- government agencies and statutory authorities;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants or other financial or professional advisors;
- any other individuals or organizations with your consent or instructions;
- our subsidiaries and our associated companies; and/or
- our service providers and business partners such as our vendors, courier service companies, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, payment processors and
- facilitators, data analytics providers and financial and insurance partners.
Client’s Right of Access and Correction
Subject to registration, you have the right to request access to and correct your Personal Data held by us. In this respect, you may:-
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that your Personal Data is retained by us for only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected;
- request that we specify or explain our policies and procedures in relation to data and the types of Personal Data handled by us; and
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period. However, if you withdraw your consent, it could affect our provision of services to you.
The department to whom written requests for access to your Personal Data or to correct and/or delete your Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled by us are set out below:
Name: Cheong Yuen Kai
Contact No: 03-8064 6600 (EXT 412)
Email: [email protected]
Address: No 4, Jalan PPU 3, Taman Perindustrian Puchong Utama, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
We will cease to retain your Personal Data or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the information was collected, and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes.
International Transfer of Personal
Your Personal Data may be transferred from a country, state and city in which you are present when you placed your order for the product or while using our services to another country, state and city. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data from your country to another country.
Payments that you make through the Site will be processed by our authorised payment gateway and that you agree for us to share your personal data with our payment gateway provider. You must only submit to us or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
Your actual order details may be stored with us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Site. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are shortly to be dispatched, and administer your address details and bank details to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorised third parties. We do not assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at